Heart2Serve will be hosting an introductory club team for the 2021–2022 season. This 6-month program is designed to take your daughter's volleyball skills to the next level by teaching and enhancing volleyball fundamental skills and providing exposure to good competition through tournaments. It is suitable for girls ages 9–13 at the beginner/intermediate level. This is a great option for girls who have limited or no prior club volleyball experience.
Tryouts for this team will be held on Thursday October 7 at 4:30 p.m. – 6:00 p.m. at Score OKC. Please arrive at 4:15 p.m. to check in if possible. We understand that some schools do not get out until close to our start time, so it's OK if you're running a bit late. If you cannot make it to tryouts that day please contact us as soon as possible to schedule an alternate time.
Cost to try out is $35 if registered before October 7. You can register using the form at the bottom of this page. Cost increases to $45 for walk-ups so we encourage you to register ahead of time.
Space for tryouts is limited to 24 players and is first come first serve.
During these tryouts we will be working on technique, drills, and evaluating players as they play. This time is not only for Heart2Serve to evaluate who will make our team, but will also be a time where players can continue to grow in their skills, as well as a time for players and parents to get a preview of our coaching style.
We will be available for questions after tryouts.
After tryouts we will decide who will make our club team, and will start making offers to players on the evening of October 7 or 8. Girls that do not make our club team are invited to join our league team. If you signed up for club tryouts before October 5 you are guaranteed a spot on our league team if you don't get an offer for our our club team. If you signed up for club tryouts on/after October 5 and don't get an offer for our club team you will be automatically added to the league team waiting list based on when you registered for tryouts.
The size of this team will be 8–10 players.
9–13 year old girls. Must be born on/after July 1, 2008.
Practices will be held on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 4:15 p.m. to 6:15 p.m. starting Tuesday, November 2, 2021 and ending April 28, 2022. We plan on practicing every week except for Thanksgiving, winter break, and spring break. Our club and league teams will practice together and compete against each other during the first 8 weeks of the season, after which our league team will drop off and we'll focus on preparing for and playing in regional tournaments.
Tryout & Practice location
The fee for this season is $1,400. This fee covers:
- Court rental
- Practice programs, consisting of two 2 hour practices per week, for a total of approximately 90 hours of practice
- Four tournaments
- Uniform: 1 jersey top, 1 shorts, 1 warm-up top, 1 backpack, and 2 practice shirts (shoes, socks, and knee pads are not included)
- Coach's fees & travel expenses
The fee is to be paid as follows: an initial down payment of $500 is due when signing the contract, and three monthly payment of $300 will be due December 1, January 1, and February 1. Payments can be made with credit/debit card, check, Cash App, Venmo, or PayPal.
We plan to participate in four tournaments this season. These tournaments will be held in the greater OKC metro area (Edmond, Oklahoma City, Norman, and Shawnee). We currently do not have plans to participate in the OKRVA regional championships.
Depending on the number of girls that sign up for this club team and our league team(s) we may be able to host several league scrimmages and/or mini-tournaments (consisting of 1 or 3 matches per mini-tournament) to give the team extra play time before tournament season begins, at no extra cost for the player (though we may charge for admission for spectators, which is the norm for tournaments).
OKRVA requires all players participating to have a current OKRVA registration. You can register with OKRVA online. An OKRVA membership costs $55 for one year. This is separate from the fee that Heart2Serve charges. OKRVA membership fee is refundable if the player doesn't join a (club or league) team. Please make sure you have an OKRVA membership before proceeding with registering below.
This team will be coached by Carmen Adriaanse. She is IMPACT, SafeSport, and USAV Coaching Accreditation Program (CAP) I certified by USA Volleyball.
Instructions for walk-ups
Registering for tryouts ahead of time (per instructions in the next section) is strongly recommended. However, walk-ups are welcome, space permitting. Prior to practice you will need to:
- Sign up for an OKRVA membership for your child and bring a digital or paper copy of the membership.
- Print out and sign our Liability Waiver.
- Print and fill out the Medical Release.
- Bring $45. This can be paid with cash, check, credit/debit card, Venmo, or Cash App.
Instructions for online registration for tryouts
- Register for an OKRVA membership for your child before proceeding with registration. Be sure to select "Season" when asked how long your player will be participating.
- Register and pay through the online form below to sign up for tryouts. Click "Add to cart", then go to the Cart to check out and submit your payment information.
- If you have not previously submitted this to Heart2Serve, print out the Medical Release, fill out completely, sign, and bring it with you to the first day of practice or email a signed copy to firstname.lastname@example.org. Players will not be allowed to participate without this form on file. Please make sure this form is completely filled out and signed prior to arriving.
- On the day of tryouts bring the following items:
- A digital or paper copy of player's OKRVA membership
- Completed Medical Release (if not provided previously)
- Wear volleyball clothes (shorts, T-shirt, knee pads, and athletic court shoes)
- Bring water bottle(s)